*** There is so much that should be on this page but may never be ***
1. Most wanted. 2. Completed Sets. 3. Thanks.
Most wanted: The first section are cards I cannot find. I don't ask you to give them to me. I will repay and reward any birddogging and happily pay for DS. And I'd be happy to receive links to buy the White Whale at reasonable prices.
******* Top 10 *******
Most wanted cards/sets as of January 2, 2021 - achievable vintage section
1. 1956 Topps Gray/ White backs. Still need several commons plus Koufax (gray), Berra (white) and Mantle (white). I have opposite backs to swap for the stars and most of the commons. Plus many DS white backs.
2. 1951 Topps Blue Backs. I ordered a dupe of Schoendienst by accident instead of a Mize. Anyone want to swap and kill my set?
3. 1968 - 1972 football. These lists are short but have minor stars that I can't find at the right price. Tons of dupes to send you in exchange for any hits.
4. 1964 and 1965 Philly FB. Have some to put away. Working to replace sets damaged when my home was flooded.
5. 1969 Topps 4-in-1 Karl Noonan (I think). I think this fell out. I try to re-assemble the full card from the pieces. What a pain!
6. 1973 Topps BB and 1973 Topps FB -- Shouldn't be so difficult to finish these.
White whales - cards I cannot find and/or afford
1. 1963 Jello #82 Lou Clinton. I don't know that I've ever seen one on ebay.
2. 1934 Diamond Stars #73 Ostermuller - 3 versions of this: 1934 Green; 1935 Green; 1936 blue. I cannot find the blue variation. I haven't ever seen one.
3. Diamond Star high numbers. Mac Wubben finds these for me. Wow. I still need about 4 or 5. 11 Dickey (replace slabbed version); 97 Lopez; 99 Traynor; 104 Rolfe 106 Lucas. And a 1935 #1 Grove. I have an extra 1934 Grove to swap.
4. 1957 Topps Checklist 4-5 (Bazooka back)
5. Callahan HOF cards issued after the initial printing. I need Chandler and the class of 1955: Home Run Baker; Joe DiMaggio; Gabby Hartnett; Ted Lyons; Ray Schalk; Dazzy Vance. These do not exist ungraded.
6. 1966 Topps Football #15 - Topps magic ring checklist.
7. 1963 Fleer Football #10 Buonoconti, #47 Dawson, #72 Alworth. These do not exist ungraded.
8. 1952 Bowman Large FB #135 Ronzani and #144 Lansford. Small bit of hope that Dave Estright will come across these after selling me a Stydahar a few years ago.
9. 1952-53 Parkhurst Tim Horton RC.
** prior attempt at a Top 5 list **
Top 5 cards received:
1955 Bowman 202 Mantle - Kent Goto gave me one that's even nicer than the one I found in a Baseball Card Magazine for $5
1977 Cloth Sticker AL checklists - purchased on ebay
1979 Hostess #146 Dennis Eckersley Thanks to Brian Betza!!!
1980 Fleer World Series Stickers 1940 (who sent it?)
1970 Topps Super #12 Roberto Clemente. Got it on ebay!
1976 Topps Football #148 Payton Thanks Fuge!
1953 Bowman #121 Berra. Thanks to Secret Santa Brock Hattox. WOW!
1964 Topps Giants #51 Mays SP <-- Received from Mac Wubben. Can you believe it??
1964 Philadelphia (Blue) - Thanks to Mac Wubben for the Bart Starr set killer!
1967 Philadelphia (Brown) - Thanks to Ray Luurs for the set killer!
1966 OPC #92 Yaz <-- Purchased from California Sports Cards
1966 OPC [0 needed] complete! Last two for set sent by Mike Rich.
1967 OPC [0 needed] complete! Willie Stargell #140 sent by Joe Bennett (OPCC). Team set also complete!
1974 OPC Red Sox team set: 647 Beniquez Thanks to Gord Ellis for pulling it from his set!!!
Completed regular baseball sets
1933 Goudey - Set is complete with reprints in place of the Ruths, Gehrigs, and Lajoie
1934 Goudey - Reprint for the Gehrig. Seems like I have a replacement for a RP Grove around here.
1939 Playball - Complete (with reprints where I'm too cheap to pay for the real things)
1940 Playball - Set is complete thanks to Mike Rich, who pulled #193 Dean from his own set to finish mine!
1941 Playball, 1941 Double Play (cut in half) - Thanks to the Fugitive for pulling the last two from his set! Wow.
1 1964 coins - complete thanks to Yaz AS from Constable Grant Rainsley!
2 1968 OPC - Needed #100 Clemente and 177 Ryan but Wubben sent them. Can you believe it? I still cannot!!
3 1955 Bowman - Set complete! Kent Goto gave me a 202 Mantle that's even nicer than the one I found in a Baseball Card Magazine for $5. WOW!
Completed Topps baseball variation sets
1952 red & black back, 1953 black & white bio, 1956-80 team checklists, 1958 numerical team checklists, 1959 white & grey stock, 1960 - 1979 rookie All-Stars, 1960 white & grey stock, 1962 green tints, 1974 Washington NL, 1975 - 1979 All-Stars (AL & NL), Puzzles: 1968, 1969, 1972, 1974, 1977 Cloth Sticker (NL, AL)
Completed oddball sets
1960-63 Fleer, 1966 Fleer All Star Match - Bought a set at the National, 1970-1975 Fleer, 1961 Golden Press, 1961 Nu-Card Scoops, 1970-1983 Kelloggs, 1972 Kellogg's ATG - thanks Ken for #6 Ruth to finish the set
Complete football sets:
Bowman: 1950, 1951, 1955
Topps: 1956 - 1964, 1967 - 1980, 1976 #2, 1976 #3, 1969 Mini Albums
Phila: 1964 (Blue) [Thanks to Mac Wubben for the Bart Starr set killer!], 1965 (Red), 1966 (Green), 1967 (Brown) [Thanks to Ray Luurs for the set killer!]
1933 Goudey - Complete! Mac Wubben passes along two HOFs (Hubbell and Hartnett) to finish the set. And before that, 109 Cronin. O-may-zing!
Set notes: Last updated 9-18-18. Audited 9-24-18. Latest activity: Received 109 Cronin from Wubben. Wow! FYI: Ruth, Gehrig and Lajoie: Can't afford real ones so $1 reprints are in their place.
Thanks to Dingman, Mandell, Moleta, Gersh, Macrae, Glidden, Pelletier, Talbot, Smith